March 8, 2009

And the Rebel is...

This is just a small entry today, but I'm telling you, the more and more I think about it the more it seems Micah is the Rebel. I touched on this before so I don't want to recycle previous thoughts but when you add it all up you come up with Micah. That is, unless the writers didn't specifically create a new character for this one purpose just like they created the Aqua Man character just to give Claire something to do. If the Rebel winds up being a new character that's gonna be a letdown of huge proportions. With that in mind I'll proceed as if the Rebel is in fact someone we already know.

We officially know Angela Petrelli is not the Rebel. That eliminates one of the three possible suspects that I mentioned previously. That was a reach on my part regardless but I was just trying to cover all my bases.

It can only be Micah. The Rebel is only shown communicating via some type of electronic device. Cell phone. PC. Fax machine. That sort of stuff. There has been no phone communication (well duh, if there were we'd have heard the voice). The Rebel has the ability to hack into elite government networks. Now I'm sure any hacker worth his balls could probably hack into a secure network, but I'm thinking a government agency's PC is probably not doable. So it has to be someone that can hack into these things without being traced, someone that can can control a machine and "tell it what to do", as Micah himself loved to always explain as he was using his power. Also, it has to be someone who isn't captured, so we all know Micah isn't captured or we would've seen him by now.

It could always be The Hunter if you're into whacky far-out theories. He could always be using the Rebel persona as a way to control and manipulate the escapees. Kinda like how HRG pretended to be helping Suresh escape only to turn him in. Whacky. Far-out. Not likely. But I guess it doesn't hurt to consider all the possibilities.

I think it's Micah, anyway. I don't know how I feel about that, though. I guess one good thing to come out of that would be they finally got something worthwhile for that character to do. It's the way it should be - someone with Micah's power should be in fact extremely powerful. They'd be untouchable and have the ability to remain off the grid by manipulating security systems. Be extremely rich as long as there was an ATM in the vicinity. He could basically set up a virtual command center and do a vast amount of damage.

And before I go, let me just gripe about something. This whole "Parkman having a weakness while using his power" thing infuriated me. I can't stand these "oh, by the way..." moments. So the writers finally get Parkman up to a cool status on the show, he's finally a force in the series after all this time as a 2nd-tier character and NOW is when the writers feel it's time to divulge some info about his weakness. My, wasn't that convenient.

Government agent: "how are we gonna stop Parkman, he's virtually unstoppable."

HRG: "oh, by the way, I forgot to mention his weakness."

Classic roll-my-eyes moment when that scene took place. C'mon guys, tighten up the screws a little more.

3 comments:

  1. You are right, Micah is the best possible guess one can think of. Though, isn't he a little young to be playing so well with all that people?

    And I agree with you on your second point. I love this show, but it seems like in every episode the writers use a Deus ex Machina way to make their job easier. That is truly disappointing.

    And why the devil did they get Hiro and Ando to India for? Was that really necessary? And now they are back in America, fooling Danko's team taking airplanes or whatever they use to go around the world without being caught!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the show clearly has no idea what to do with Hiro. he's too popular with the fans to just get rid of, and too powerful to handicap like they did with Peter. how do you handicap Hiro's power? he's essentialy comic relief at this point. there's simply no reason for Hiro to have gone this long without his power, or even new powers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think that the Rebel might actually be Hana Gitelman? I know she is supposed to be dead, but she fits very well, she can intercept and generate any electronic communication and i recall she could even violate computers. And she is well trained, much fitter for the job than Micah.

    ReplyDelete